Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And Again.







So my third NH in a row... I've never had a rough patch quite like this before. It's hard to swallow. Especially since practices have been going so well. Technically, I know I'm ready to really get some big jumps, it just seems like every meet I have things working against me. Organization at the last 3 meets has been dismal. We never know when I'll actually be jumping, how much time I'll get to warm up, how long I'll have to wait after warm ups.... It's been hard to manage, but I need to get used to it soon.
This weekend I was competing in Myrtle Beach. It was a really small meet. It wasn't horribly run, but I did only get 19 minutes on the runway to warmup. That's a lot less than the 30-60 minutes I'm used to at college meets. The wind was pretty strong too, switching from a cross wind to a tail wind. I definitely let it get into my head more than I should have. I had a hard time reading the wind and I didn't really have any good jumps all day, in the meet or in warmups. And I had way too many run thrus. But I've had a few days to think about things, and I've had some great discussions with everyone about the situation. I'm going to make some adjustments and hopefully get things sorted before I have my next meet in 2 weeks.
The bonus of the weekend was that I got to catch up with a lot of friends and family. Unfortunately I didn't put on a great showing for them, but it was amazing being able to see everyone. I wish I could have a cheering squad like that every meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment