Monday, September 27, 2010

I have finally finished the third week of the block and am entering a much needed recovery week. Last week was pretty tough, but it was a great week! For my weighlifting I cleaned 115 lbs from the floor for 3x5. And I didn't miss a single lift. That's the most I have ever lifted for 3x5 by far. And I shrugged 225 lbs, which is quite an accomplishment. Especially if you had seen my shrugs last block! Haha.

So I think it's about time for an update on the rest of my life other than training. I am finally feeling somewhat settled in Boone. And I have been enjoying work, though it has been a tough transition. I was able to spend the summer focusing solely on my training, so making the switch from no work to work 7 days a week hasn't been easy. But I can really say that I am enjoying every minute of it. The first 3 days of the week I coach gymnastics at New River Gymnastics. Then I work at the Banner Elk Winery the rest of the week. Working at the winery is awesome. I love getting to meet new people every day. And some really amazing people stop by. I have met a surprising number of couples from my hometown as well. So if you are in the area, go ahead and stop by! I'll give you a great wine tasting, and if you're lucky maybe you can join in on some grape stomping!

No comments:

Post a Comment