Monday, September 20, 2010

Gymnastics Isn't Fun

I never thought I would say that.... But this month of training has brought it out of me. Overall everything is progressing. Instead of doing 3x10 in the weight room we have dropped down to 3x5, but the weight has increased. And we have finally added some short run vaulting in, which has been awesome! There are some videos up on my youtube channel. These are REALLY short runs, like 2 and 4 steps (1 and 2 lefts). But the biggest and most painful change has been dropping my Friday lifting workout and adding a day in the gym. To give you and idea of how painful it is, here you go:
10x swings on P-Bars (deceptively easy start!)
10x pull ups on Rings
10x dips on Rings
1x Rope Climb (Climb as high as you can with no feet, then the rest of the way with feet)
10x Bubkas
The first week we did 2 sets of everything. The second week it was 3 sets. This Friday I am dreading having to do 4 sets.... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment