Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

It's been too long since I posted, so why not get one more in before the end of the year, right?? It's Christmas Eve... What do you think I'm doing today?

Vaulting of course! We have our last practice this morning, and then I'll be booking it home to be with my family. I'll get about 5 days with them before I'm coming back to TN. Originally we were only given 3 days off, but my parents are moving to New Zealand for a year (I know!! Crazy, right??) and they leave at the beginning of January. Since I don't get to see them often, I decided to skip a vault practice and come back a little later. I need some quality time with the family before they head to the other side of the world without me...

So training has been going well overall. I think if you had watched my last few practices, you would think that I have had some miserable practices. But I've actually been happy with the progress. We moved from 4 lefts to 6 lefts two weeks ago. That switch went surprisingly well. I moved through a lot of poles pretty quickly and started to put things together. This week we have moved back to 8 lefts, our full run. Last practice had lots of run throughs, but not the bang-your-head-against-the-wall-bring-me-to-tears kind of run throughs. They were actually productive. Even with very minimal sprint training because of my injuries, I am so much faster than I have ever been. My run is 2 feet farther back than it was in the summer, and 5 feet back from where I was starting this time last year. So all-in-all, the approach to the box feels VERY different. And it's taking some getting used to. But I'm so ready for today's practice. It's going to be a great one!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment