Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jobs, Storms, and REALLY Good Training...

Ok, so it's been a few weeks. I feel like I am starting to settle into life in Knoxville. I was busy with the job search until early last week when I landed 4 interviews. Now it's the waiting game to see how things shake out. I am excited about all of the options, but I'm not a fan of waiting so it's fairly stressful right now.
As you may have heard, we had a couple of thunderstorms around here last week.... Luckily we were spared the brunt of it. But it was still pretty scary. Tornado watches and warnings all day. The worst came at night with the hailstorm. It was intense enough that Bailey and I took cover in the closet for a little while. In hindsight, a top floor apartment isn't the best for situations like that. Meeting my first floor neighbors is now a top priority. But like I said, I was lucky. My car took a beating, but it will be fixed in good time.
On to what you guys really want to hear about: Vaulting! So I can say that it hasn't been a super smooth transition. But I think it's to be expected. It takes me a little while to take to new coaches. It's always a totally new language to understand, literally this time ;) I have definitely felt like I only halfway understood what I was being asked to do. But this week has been a big break through. Things have definitely started clicking both in communication and in actual performances. I had my best vault practice so far on Tuesday. All of the hundreds of drills that I have done on the track since last fall are FINALLY starting to show up on the runway. My run and plant are feeling comfortable for the first time ever. We have done a lot of sprinting and it has been tough, but very exciting. I can already tell a difference on the runway. Every day I have had to move back. And if my pole runs are any indication, my full run might move back as much as 10 ft!
Overall, its very very exciting. The goal right now is just to improve something every practice. Even on the days where I haven't been on form, I have improved in some aspect. All in all it's very encouraging! I will update again soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment