Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Not Content With the Waiting....

While I wait to finalize the location of my immediate future, my training is definitely not on hold. In fact, I feel like I'm progressing faster than ever. Last week I managed to finally master a drill that my 14 years of gymnastics has been getting in the way of the last couple of years. Once I got that drill, it really did feel like a lot of things clicked. Right away I was able to get some pretty significant improvement in my short run vaults. I had one great day vaulting with the high school group in town. Then I had a couple of up and down days where the troubles can be blamed only on myself. For some reason I had convinced myself that my normal starting step was a foot back from where it actually was. So I ran through several times because it felt very off, of course since I was at least a foot out. Thinking I was just having an off day, I tried to make it work refusing to let myself give in and move up. But now that I have established myself as a complete idiot, I'm looking forward to my next vaulting day where I get to leave those silly mistakes behind me. I will have a lot more to combat next time, since it will be my first day vaulting outside this season!! Exciting times! In the meantime, it's back to the tentative moving plans that I must say are looking much more definite. I may be in Knoxville by the start of next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment