Monday, January 17, 2011

First Meet Done!

This weekend I finally got to compete again!! It was a small meet at App here in Boone. Overall I am pretty pleased with how the day turned out. It was a rushed morning, but I was able to settle down and get in a good mindset for the meet. The men competed first, which makes predicting when the women will start a little challenging. But thanks to Daniel, we timed it perfectly on Saturday. That doesn't happen often. Our goals for this meet were simple: no run-thrus and clear a bar. Personally, I was trying to prove to myself that I can be mentally tough.

I think I definitely accomplished all three things. I had no run thrus all day, I had no misses until the height I went out on, and I was able to stay in a good mindset all day. I ran from a very short run, only 12 steps. And I was able to jump on the same poles that I used from a longer run last year. The height was definitely nothing to write home about, but it's a great start. It was the best beginning I have had to a season. The only place to go from here is up!!

My next meet will be Saturday at App again, but this time it will be in the Convocation Center. If anyone is interested in dropping by, I always love support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment