Monday, December 6, 2010

How we do it in the High Country!

So here in the high country we are in the middle of our first big snow of the year. A lot of people around are pretty sick of the snow, but personally I love it! When things like this happen, workouts get switched around a little. Here is how we do our strength training during a storm like this...

Equipment needed:
1) A good sturdy snow shovel. (I didn't own one, so thanks to Daniel for letting me borrow his.)
2) And a fair amount of snow. At my house I have about 9.5 inches (and proof for all of you doubters out there!)

There's really nothing complicated about the workout.... Just shovel away!
Here are some before photos of my driveway:
And here are some after about 45 minutes of work:

I realize that there is still a lot on the driveway. Now that I've worked a while I must admit that it is much much easier to shovel a paved driveway. Note the fact that it is STILL snowing. It's supposed to keep this up through tomorrow. Hopefully this shoveling should get me out the driveway and on my way to work. We'll see how it is getting back up the driveway tonight.... wish me luck!

On the agenda tomorrow: building a snowman! That is if I can handle braving the cold. The high is only 17!

No comments:

Post a Comment