Friday, August 13, 2010

Finally

So it's been a while, I know. I am very sorry. It's been a busy month of traveling. After I got back from California, we made the decision to call it a season. The main reason was that my body was just really worn out from so much traveling and competing. And ending the season with a national championship isn't really a bad way to go out.
I was home from California for less than a week before Geoff and I headed out on a road trip to Colorado. That place really means a lot to both of us so we were really excited to have the chance to visit. While we were there we had the opportunity to train at the USOC in Colorado Springs. I had been on the campus many times as a visitor, but never as an athlete. It was amazing to train alongside Olympians. I absolutely felt like I belonged there and I can't wait to go back!

While we were there we also got to visit with some long lost friends and family. :) To everyone we saw, thanks for taking the time to visit with us! We are both so lucky to have friends and family like you! And rest assured, we will end up back with you in Colorado one day...
Once we finally made it home from all of the traveling, I took some much needed days off before heading into the SPEC lab at ETSU for some preseason testing. The results weren't as amazing as I had hoped, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means that I'm performing no where near my potential, I've got a lot left in me!

This week marked the beginning of my new training year. There have been a lot of changes in the works that I am really excited about. Living in Boone will make my training so much easier, and I have a lot more support behind me now. I think things are really going to start coming together. I have a couple months of hard training ahead of me. There won't be a ton of exciting results until meets start again in December and January. But I promise to keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment